We know you have a choice to make with your child’s education. We strive to make Catholic education affordable for all families. We have a variety of scholarships and financial aid options available to lower your family’s out of pocket cost as much as possible! Please use the financial aid eligibility tool below to see if your family qualifies for a variety of scholarships!
For questions or to seek more information, please contact Al Balcer – firstname.lastname@example.org / 219-322-4505 ext. 8222!
St. Michael Catholic School is an Approved Indiana Choice Scholarship School
Parents interested in applying for this scholarship can visit the Indiana Department of Education website. This is the only site that should be used to collect information for the Scholarship Program. Families can obtain information on income eligibility.
Applications are made directly through our Scholarship & Grant Coordinator, Al Balcer. IDOE required papers must be submitted at the time of school application. The following information must be provided at application:
- 1040 Federal Tax forms for prior year of application. Student name must appear on the 1040 Tax form
- IDOE Household Size Verification Form
- IDOE Income Verification Form
- Income Worksheet Form
- Copy of credentials for direct verification applicants
- St. Michael School registration papers
- Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, Immunizations, academic records, and any custody papers if applicable
- Parish membership required papers
IDOE required forms are available on the Indiana Department of Education website. This scholarship is for current Indiana residents. All students applying for admission to St. Michael Catholic School are required to take a placement test.
Please send all necessary forms and paperwork to Al Balcer – Scholarship & Grant Coordinator at email@example.com or ATTN: Al Balcer, 1 E. Wilhelm St., Schererville, IN 46375
The following income eligibility amounts take effect JULY 1st, 2023!